The Werribee Devils are now recruiting for the position of Big V Championship Men’s Head Coach.
Responsible for leading the Werribee Devils Big V Championship Program, the Head Coach will work with the Werribee Basketball Association (WBA) to achieve successful outcomes in our senior program both on and off court. The Head Coach will be responsible for all coaching and other related duties.
- Develop, recruit and retain players at the required level to be successful in Big V;
- Prepare and implement a high-level training program focused on both team and player development;
- Scout opposition teams and prepare effective game plans;
- Coach in all team practices and games;
- Develop strong relationships with Youth League/VJBL coaches and players;
- Lead coordination of off-court initiatives as directed by WBA, including team fundraising activities;
- Attend all professional development opportunities, meetings and functions organised by WBA;
- Adhere to the Basketball Victoria and Big V Codes of Conduct and related policies; and
- Provide monthly reports to WBA Executive Committee.
- Coaching experience, including experience coaching senior athletes;
- Level 1 (Club Coach) Accreditation;
- Working with Children Check;
- Willing to work weekends and evenings as required; and
- Legally entitled to work in Australia.
- Level 2 (Association) or Level 3 (Performance) Accreditation;
- Head coach experience at Big V level equivalent or higher; and
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (e.g. sports coaching, sports management, etc.)
- The Head Coach reports to the WBA Executive Committee and appointed WBA staff.
Applications will close Sunday 1st September, 2019.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions can be directed to WBA President, Paul Jones via email@example.com.
* Remuneration available based upon experience & qualifications*
It is WBA policy to repost all roles on completion of each contract term, to ensure we have transparency and the best candidate in every role.