The Warrandyte Venom are looking for suitable candidates to fill their Youth Men head coaching vacancy for 2022.
*21 October 2021 Editors Note: Warrandyte have confirmed and locked in their 2022 coaching staff.
The Warrandyte Basketball Association (WBA) is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for their Big V Youth Men’s Head Coach position for 2022.
Youth Men Head Coach
- Provide positive leadership, management, direction and coaching of Warrandyte Basketball’s Big V team (squad players and development squad players) throughout pre-season and in-season preparation and competition games.
- Effective player liaison and communications, including player recruitment of Junior Warrandyte Basketball players.
- Assist with the identification, development, and promotion of Warrandyte Basketball juniors consistent with their potential to play at the highest available level, providing input and liaison as necessary with the Warrandyte Basketball’s Operations and Program Development Manager.
- Setting, implementing, and enforcing standards consistent with Warrandyte Basketball’s values system, and a transparent player selection process.
Required skills and attributes:
- A passion for basketball and the development of a pathway for Warrandyte Basketball Juniors.
- Effective teaching, organisational, communication and relationship skills.
- Ability to work well with other senior coaches.
- Availability to attend all training sessions, games, and functions.
- Assist with promotion of the Big V Program to grow the Warrandyte Basketball through events and other functions.
- Ability to recruit and develop a strong playing group.
Successful head coaches will be expected to work in partnership with other coaches across the Senior and Youth League teams. They will lead player selection, recruitment, and pre-season development as well as the 2022 championship season.
Successful head coaches and/or assistant coaches will also be expected to be actively involved in the WBA’s Representative Program.
Further enquiries, your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm, Friday 15th October 2021