The Sherbrooke Suns are calling for Expressions of Interest to coach their Youth League Women’s team in 2022.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Previous head coach or assistant coach experience at senior representative level
- Enthusiasm and passion for the game
- Ability to lead, train and develop players using positive strategies
- Depth of basketball knowledge and flexibility of ideas
- Ability to communicate with players in a disciplined, informative, professional manner both on and off the court
- Ability to communicate with club officials, league officials and game officials in a professional manner at all times
- A thorough understanding of Basketball Victoria’s Code of Conduct
- Current Working With Children Check
The role will include but is not limited to:
- Organising tryouts, selections and training sessions in accordance with Sherbrooke Basketball’s guidelines
- Developing strategies within the team in preparation for all games
- Providing player feedback on a consistent basis throughout the season to aid development
- Providing regular feedback to the Board of Management
- Attending all games, training sessions, sponsor events and functions as requested by Sherbrooke Basketball
- Sharing coaching philosophies and knowledge with senior coaching group
- Adhering to Basketball Victoria’s Code of Conduct and Sherbrooke Basketball’s policies and procedures.
- Actively working with senior women’s coach to create a pathway for player development
- Active involvement with Sherbrooke SUNS junior representative program to create a pathway for player development
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Applications close: Sunday, 3rd October, 2021, 5.00 p.m.
Please send your resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications to email@example.com