The Melton Basketball Association (MBA) are currently recruiting for the position of Big V Men’s Head Coach.
Melton Basketball Association (MBA) Mission Statement
To develop and promote basketball in Melton from novice to elite levels;
- through increased participation by providing accessible competitions for all levels and skills in a safe and inclusive environment, and
- where our basketball community can grow and succeed through mutual respect for our members, sponsors, local business, local government and the community.
The Melton Thoroughbreds’ Big V program has a proud history of team success and developing players from the Melton Thoroughbreds Junior Program program into Senior Thoroughbred players.
As Big V Men’s Head Coach, you will be expected to have a high level of expertise and experience in creating a High Performance environment, delivering a culture of continual improvement, and be passionate about working with players within the Thoroughbreds program.
The Melton Big V program is currently made up of three teams – Big V Men, Big V Women and Youth Men. Due to this, the Big V Men’s Coach needs to have a holistic view of the program and understand that he/she is not only coaching for today but have a clear view on the future by working to develop athletes and coaches in the U18 and U21 teams.
To perform responsible program building, including planning, coaching, recruiting, managing and directing the Melton Basketball Association’s Big V program.
May include, but not limited to the following:
- Manages and directs the Big V basketball program.
- Coaches the Senior Men’s basketball team.
- Manages all aspects of the team, including strength and conditioning, practicing, competing and scheduling.
- Evaluates and recruits prospective players.
- Works closely with the MBA to market all basketball programs.
- Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the teams and the MBA with the utmost integrity.
- Works cooperatively the MBA staff and board, attends board meetings when directed, and always represents the MBA positively when interacting with the community.
Key Selection Criteria
- Coach’s Program Plan clearly aligns to the MBA Mission Statement.
- Coach is able to convey the Program’s current strengths and weaknesses, and what the key areas of focus should be in the short- to medium-term.
- Coach is able to provide overview of Big V competition to the MBA board.
- Coach has prepared a Program Plan including required resources.
- Coach can demonstrate how they will acquire personnel to support Program Plan.
- Coach provides the steps involved in preparing and executing individual and team performance on Game Night.
- Coach can provide their thoughts on how they define success?
- Coach has an understanding and is able to demonstrate how they perceive the role of the Big V coach in the marketing and promotion of the Program and the MBA.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with basketball.
- Experience and/or qualifications coaching basketball at an elite level.
Salary: To be negotiated.
Closing Date: COB, Saturday 14th September, 2019.
Email applications to: Ray Isaac at email@example.com, including cover letter and resume.