Opportunity to become the new VYCW head coach at the Ringwood Hawks.
The Ringwood Basketball Association has a long, proud and successful history in the Big V and NBL1 Competitions. For the first time in many years, we have an opportunity for a new Coach to join our senior Coaching group as Head Coach of our Victorian Youth Championship Women’s Program. Please note that the successful Coach will also take an active role in developing future Youth Players by working closely with the U18 and U21 teams.
Youth League Head Coach’s primary duties:
To work under the guidance and instruction of the NBL1 Head Coach whilst providing positive leadership, management, direction and coaching of the Hawks youth women’s team for the 2020 season. Assist with the identification, development and promotion of Hawks juniors consistent with their potential to play at the highest available level, providing input and Liaison with the Clubs Director of Coaching.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- NCAS Level One Accreditation or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated history, knowledge and understanding at the desired level in basketball with a passion to develop these skills further.
- Ability to lead, train and communicate with players in a disciplined, professional and informative manner.
- Work effectively with key stakeholders.
- Attend and plan all training sessions, games and tournaments.
- Work closely with the NBL1 Women’s Head Coach and meet on a regular basis to discuss the program and suggest ways to improve it.
- Strong communications skills.
- Share coaching philosophies and knowledge.
- Adhere to the Basketball Victoria Codes of Conduct and relevant Big V policies.
- To follow and implement the Ringwood Hawks on court structures and help build on the successful Club Culture.
Remuneration for the position is available.
Resumes and written applications of interest are to be forwarded in confidence to the Director of Coaching via email; firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Friday 27th September, 2019.
Please note that not all applicants will be contacted.