The Sunbury Basketball Association is seeking qualified applicants for the following position of Head Coach for its Youth Coach Men’s team for 2020.
The Sunbury Basketball Association (SBA) is seeking qualified applicants for the following position of Head Coach for its Youth Coach Men’s team for 2020.
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading Sunbury Basketball’s Big V Youth Men’s Program for a one-year appointment. The SBA is currently planning a submission to keep the Youth League Men’s team in Youth League One for the 2020 season.
The Coach will report directly to the SBA Director of Coaching and the Senior Jets Committee. The Coach will be required to work with the SBA’s administration staff and junior basketball program. The coach will exhibit a passion for basketball, have strong interpersonal skills, and have an ability to develop athletes and coaches and have a proven background in people management.
Applicants will display the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated experience and passion for developing athletes.
- Proven ability to communicate, train and lead in a professional manner.
- A background in playing or coaching basketball at state league or national level.
- Have a high level of technical and tactical knowledge of basketball.
The SBA also requires that the successful applicant will:
- Hold a current Working with Children Check (WWCC).
- Level 2 NCAS Association Coach Accreditation.
- Work with and adopt a similar playing style to our senior Championship Men’s program.
- Work closely with SBA’s, U21 and U18 junior programs.
- Establish, maintain and promote the SBA pathway with our VJBL athletes.
- Provide scout and video feedback to its players during the season.
- Provide individual training and development opportunities during the season.
- Provide reviews to players during the season.
The successful applicant will understand the importance of the Senior Jets program to the entire SBA and, be prepared to provide assistance in the SBA where appropriate. Remuneration will be awarded based on the successful applicants’ experience.
All applicants should forward a brief resume, detailing qualifications and experience, marked ‘Private and Confidential’ to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for all applications will be on Tuesday 1st October, 2019, with successful applicants being contacted for interviews shortly after this date.
Furthermore, you can contact Kennedy Kereama on (03) 9744 4762 for more enquiries.
The SBA would like to thank Coach Josiah Smith for this contribution to the Youth Men’s program in 2019 and wish him the very best in his future coaching endeavours.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 5pm, Tuesday 1st October, 2019.
We will provide a community-based basketball environment, which is the Association of choice that encourages all participants to achieve their best.