Werribee Basketball is seeking experienced and motivated coaches to apply for our Big V Youth League Men’s and Women’s Head Coaching roles.
The right candidates have the opportunity to join one of Australia’s fastest growing basketball associations and the leading association in Melbourne’s West.
Responsible for leading the Big V Youth teams, the Men’s and Women’s Head Coaches will work in conjunction with Werribee Basketball and the Senior Team Head Coaches to ensure a quality program and clear pathways for players both on and off the court.
To be considered for this role you will need to possess strong coaching qualifications and experience gained at senior representative level or higher.
COACHING AND PROGRAM LEADERSHIP:
- Coach in all team practices and games.
- Develop strong relationships with Senior Coaches and VJBL coaches and players.
- Develop, recruit and retain players at the required level to be successful in Big V.
- Implement a style of play that is aligned to the WBA curriculum and as set by the Senior Head Coach.
- Prepare and encourage Youth League players to play at the senior level.
- Promote Youth League players to the senior team at the request of the senior coach.
- Attend all professional development opportunities and coach meetings organised by the WBA.
- Adhere to the Basketball Victoria and Big V Codes of Conduct and related policies.
- Provide monthly reports to Executive Committee.
- Encourage regular team and player engagement with the VJBL teams.
- Oversee and facilitate the achievement of team fundraising budgets.
SELECTION AND APPOINTMENT CRITERIA
- Qualifications aligned with extensive experience in coaching basketball at Big V levels and above.
- Ability to lead a senior program.
- Level 1 (Club Coach) Accreditation.
- Working with Children Check.
- Willing to work weekends and evenings as required.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
- Level 2 (Association) or Level 3 (Performance) Accreditation
- Elite level playing experience
- Professional coaching experience
- Relevant qualifications e.g. sports coaching, sports management etc.
Role reports to the WBA Executive Committee and appointed WBA staff.
Remuneration will be negotiated upon appointment dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Applications close Sunday 19th August 2018. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org