After successive championships in 2017 (Youth League 2) and 2018 (Youth League 1) the Sunbury Basketball Association (‘SBA’), is seeking qualified applicants for the following position of Head Coach for its Youth Women’s team for 2019.
The SBA has recently applied to Big V and is awaiting approval for its Youth League One team to be promoted to the Victorian Youth Championship League for 2019 and ongoing. The successful applicant will be responsible for leading Sunbury Basketball’s Big V Youth Women’s Program for a 1 + 2-year appointment based upon a successful review after the 2019 season.
The Coach will report directly to the State Championship Women’s Coach, Director of Coaching and the Senior Jets Committee. They will be required to work with the SBA’s administration staff and junior basketball program. The coach will exhibit a passion for women’s basketball, have strong interpersonal skills, and have an ability to develop athletes and coaches and have a proven background in people management. Remuneration will be awarded based on the successful applicants’ experience.
Applicants will display the following skills and attributes:
• Demonstrated experience and passion for developing athletes at an elite level.
• Proven ability to communicate, train and lead in a professional manner.
• A background in playing or coaching basketball at state league or national level.
• Have a high level of technical and tactical knowledge of basketball.
The SBA also requires that the successful applicant will:
• Hold a current Working with Children (WWC)Card.
• Level 2 (NCAS Association Coach Accreditation).
• Work closely with SBA’s U21, U18, and U16 junior programs.
• Establish, maintain & promote the SBA pathway with our VJBL athletes.
• Provide scout and video feedback to its players during the season.
• Provide individual training and development opportunities during the season.
• Provide reviews to players during the season.
• Not combine VJBL coaching at another Association.
The successful applicant will understand the importance of the Senior Jets program to the entire SBA and, be prepared to provide assistance in the SBA where appropriate.
All applicants should forward a brief resume, detailing qualifications and experience, marked “Private and Confidential” to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The closing date for all applications will be on the 28th of September with successful applicants being contacted for interviews shortly after this date.
Furthermore, you can contact Kennedy Kereama on 03 9744 4762 for more inquiries.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 5 pm Friday 28th September 2018