The Pakenham and District Basketball Association Inc. (PDBA) are calling for interested persons for the position of Pakenham Warriors Coaching Staff for the 2019 Big V Season.
As well as working alongside Head Coach of the Senior Men’s team Brent Russell, the successful applicants will need to work closely with the coaching staff of Pakenham Warriors Under 16’s, 18’s, 21’s MUVJBL and Youth League teams, Big V Delegate and the Director of Coaching, in order to create a pathway between our Junior and Senior programs.
Positions available are:
- Youth League Men – Head Coach
- Youth League Men – Assistant Coach/s
- Youth League Women – Head Coach
- Youth League Women – Assistant Coach/s
- Senior Women – Head Coach
- Senior Women – Assistant Coach/s
- Senior Men – Assistant Coach/s
Interested coaches will meet the following criteria:-
COACHING AND PROGRAM LEADERSHIP:
- Coach in all team practices and games.
- Develop strong relationships with Senior Coaches and VJBL coaches and players.
- Develop, recruit and retain players at the required level to be successful in Big V.
- Implement a style of play that is aligned to the PDBA curriculum and as set by the Committee.
- Prepare and encourage Youth League players to play at the senior level.
- Promote Youth League players to the senior team at the request of the senior coach.
- Attend all professional development opportunities and coach meetings organised by the PDBA.
- Adhere to the Basketball Victoria and Big V Codes of Conduct and related policies.
- Encourage regular team and player engagement with the VJBL teams.
- Oversee and facilitate the achievement of team fundraising.
- Oversee and facilitate the achievement of player community service hours.
- A clear history and passion for basketball.
SELECTION AND APPOINTMENT CRITERIA
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Weekly attendance at training sessions and games
- Qualifications aligned with experience in coaching basketball at Big V levels and above.
- Working with Children Check.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia
- Elite level playing experience
- Relevant qualifications e.g. sports coaching, sports management etc.
- Basketball Victoria Level 2 accreditation
To apply, please send your letter of intention and basketball resume to:
Applications must be received by COB on Monday, September 17th, 2018
ALL applications will remain private & confidential.