The McKinnon Basketball Association (MBA) is a progressive club with strong family values and a proud history. A growing club located in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, the MBA…
The McKinnon Basketball Association (MBA) is a progressive club with strong family values and a proud history. A growing club located in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, the MBA is a professionally run organisation and been recognised in recent times with awards such as:
• Big V Club of the Year (2013 & 2014);
• Basketball Victoria Association of the Year (2013 & 2016);
• Big V Chairman’s Community Engagement Award (2015);
• Basketball Victoria Girls Got Game Association of the Year (2015 & 2018); and
• VJBL Large Association of the Year (2016)
We are currently looking to recruit a dynamic Head Coach to our Big V State Championship Women’s (SCW) program for the 2019 season.
The successful applicant will have previous experience as a head or assistant coach, with the ability to effectively lead a State Champ Women’s program whilst having regard to the Club’s development pathway, the identification and nurturing of talent and tapping into recruitment networks. In addition to technical capabilities, the successful applicant will have demonstrated high level planning, organisational, communication and relationship skills.
The role will work collaboratively with our Youth League Women’s Head Coach and will have the support of our Girls Director of Coaching.
We are looking for the following skills and attributes:
• Previous position as a head or assistant coach at a minimum (including details of successful achievements in this area and positive references from players, administrators and stakeholders);
• A clear history and passion for basketball;
• The ability to conduct, train and communicate with players in a professional and informative manner;
• Experience at managing team budgets for recruitment;
• Recruitment experience in selecting players form Australia and International programs (including details of successful achievements in this area)
• Have a clear concept or vision about how to achieve success for the McKinnon Cougars for the 2019 season
• Have a commitment to developing coaching concepts and philosophies
• Possess excellent organisational and communication skills
• Ability to attend all training sessions (Tuesday & Thursday), games and tournaments;
• Ability to attend all coaching meetings and development nights;
• Increase and actively promote the Big V program through team involvement in MBA activities;
• Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and commitment to the program.
All coaches at the MBA have access to professional development opportunities including guest speakers, nutrition, coaching, health and fitness information sessions. All members of the MBA will also be expected to support, participate and promote MBA activities, functions and meetings as required.
Remuneration will be negotiated upon appointment.
All expressions of interest, including a current CV and references, can be emailed in confidence to email@example.com by 4pm Friday 7th September 2018.