Knox Basketball Incorporated is located in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the largest basketball associations in Australia.
Knox Basketball Association are currently seeking a new Head Coach for our Knox Raiders Senior Women’s team in 2019. The successful candidates will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Previous head coach or assistant coach experience at senior representative level
- Ability to lead, train and develop players using positive strategies
- Experience at managing team budgets for recruitment;
- In depth basketball knowledge and flexibility of ideas
- Be able to articulate their own vision and plan for team success
- Ability to communicate with players in a disciplined, informative, professional manner both on and off the court
- Ability to communicate with club officials, league officials and game officials in a professional manner at all times
- Current Working with Children Check
- Work closely with the BDM and other senior coaches to devise and execute training and game plans
- Be able to adapt to adopt a philosophy to develop and nurture future talent from Knox’s Junior pathway
- Be able to contribute Knox’s high performance academy with coaching assistance.
- Developing strategies within the team in preparation for all games, and use of game and training analysis software.
- Provide player feedback on a consistent basis throughout the season.
- Attending all games, training sessions, sponsor events and functions as requested by Knox Basketball
- Sharing coaching philosophies and knowledge with senior coaching group
- Adhering to Basketball Victoria’s Code of Conduct and Knox Basketball’s policies and procedures.
- Actively working with Youth League coach to create a pathway for player development
- Active involvement with Knox junior representative program to create a pathway for player development.
- Attending regular coaching development sessions run by Knox Basketball
All applications will be treated in confidence. Remuneration negotiable based on experience.
All expressions of interest, including a current CV and references, can be emailed in confidence General Manager Operations Julian Cosgrave firstname.lastname@example.org