The Hume City Broncos invite applications for our SCM Head Coach role.
The successful applicant will ideally have a background in coaching at the elite levels of the sport, with the ability to effectively lead a mens program having regard to a Club’s development pathway, the identification and nurturing of talent and tapping into recruitment networks.
In addition to technical capability and the ability to effectively implement a competitive style of play, the successful applicant will also have demonstrated high level planning, organisational, communication and relationship skills. The role will work collaboratively with our Youth League Coach and will also have the support of our Director of Mens Coaching. A detailed job description appears below.
Please lodge your application and resume in confidence by email to our Operations Manager, Todd Anderson at email@example.com by 6 pm on Wednesday 15 August 2018.
Inquiries regarding the role can be directed to our Director of Mens Coaching, Brett Atley on 0413 220 074 or Vice President Glen Milner on 0419 511 574.
1) High level leadership, management and coaching of the Club’s Big V Championship Division (or equivalent) Mens Team and playing group, in terms of appropriate pre-season and in-season preparations and a strongly competitive game style.
2) Effective player liaison and communications, including player recruitment.
3) Manage the allocated annual budget for the Championship Division (or equivalent) team in terms of fielding a strongly competitive team and determining appropriate coaching and player payments, with the finalized formal agreements being administered by the Club’s Basketball Operations Manager.
4) Ensure the identification, development and promotion of Club juniors consistent with their potential to play at the highest available level, liaising as necessary with the Club’s Youth League (or equivalent) Coach, including talent identification and development through the conduct of appropriate development programs.
5) Aim for at least 30 per cent content of Broadmeadows juniors or former juniors in the Championship Division team (or equivalent), subject to talent considerations and the overall objective of remaining strongly competitive at this level.
6) Provide technical direction and guidance to the Club’s subordinate mens and boys programs to ensure consistency of teaching methodologies and skills development.
7) Liaise with the Basketball Operations Manager and other relevant consultants relating to the scope of the above responsibilities.
8) Performance of these Services will be monitored against the following Key Performance Indicators: (i) leadership of the preparation phase for the team, including a planned schedule of activities consistent with the demands of the elite level of competition that the team will participate in; (ii) implementation of a style of play in both the offense and defense components of the game that enables the team and playing personnel to compete strongly at the Big V State Championship (SCM) level; (iii) evidence of a co-ordinated approach and effective communication in the preparation and fielding of teams at both the SCM and Youth League levels; and (iv) building of the Broncos brand and Big V game attendances through the Coaching staff and SCM players being visible and engaged with the Association’s Junior Domestic and Junior Representative programs, for example, by at least monthly attendances at those teams’ trainings and/or games.