Casey Basketball are accepting applications for the role of Youth League Men’s Head Coach.
Responsible for leading the Big V Youth Men’s team, the candidate will work in conjunction with Casey Basketball and the State Championship Men’s Head Coach to ensure a quality program and clear pathways for players, both on and off the court.
To be considered for this role you will need to possess strong coaching qualifications and experience at senior representative level or higher.
COACHING AND PROGRAM LEADERSHIP:
• Coach in all team practices and games.
• Develop strong relationships with Senior Coaches and VJBL coaches and players.
• Develop, recruit and retain players at the required level to be successful in Big V.
• Implement a style of play that is aligned to the CBA curriculum and as set by the Senior Head Coach.
• Prepare and encourage Youth League players to play at the senior/college level.
• Promote Youth League players to the senior team at the request of the senior coach.
• Attend all professional development opportunities and coach meetings organised by the CBA.
• Adhere to the Basketball Victoria and Big V Codes of Conduct and related policies.
• Provide monthly reports to the SCM Head Coach on progress and plan.
• Encourage regular team and player engagement with the VJBL teams.
• Oversee and facilitate the achievement of team fundraising budgets.
SELECTION AND APPOINTMENT CRITERIA
• Qualifications aligned with experience in coaching basketball at Big V levels and above.
• Working with Children Check.
• Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
• Elite level playing experience
• Relevant qualifications e.g. sports coaching, sports management etc.
Role reports to the SCM Head Coach and CBA General Manage.
Applications close Friday 7th September 2018. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org