The Blackburn Vikings are currently seeking applications for a range of coaching positions for the Big V 2020 season.
The Blackburn Vikings Basketball Association Inc. (BVBA) are calling for interested persons for the following Blackburn Vikings Coaching Positions for the 2020 Big V Season.
Applications being accepted are for the following positions:
• Championship Men – Head Coach
• Championship Men – Assistant Coach
• Division 2 Women (seeking promotion to Division 1) Head Coach
• Division 2 Women – Assistant Coach
• Victorian Youth Championship Men – Head Coach
• Victorian Youth Championship Men – Assistant Coach
• Youth League 2 Women – Head Coach
• Youth League 2 Women – Assistant Coach
As a Big V Coach your duties include, but are not limited to the following;
• Organise tryouts, selections and an extensive pre-season for the upcoming season.
• Recruit suitably experienced players and team staff to the program.
• Lead, train and communicate with players in a disciplined, professional and informative manner.
• Provide 360 feedback, leadership and guidance to players on and off the court.
• Attend all training sessions, games and tournaments.
• Incorporate current Vikings junior representative players into the senior program.
• Arrange and schedule practice matches and pre-season training.
• Develop and implement game tactics and strategies within the team in preparation for all games.
• Manage and deal with player issues affecting both individuals and the group.
• Liaise confidently and professionally with media and sponsors when requested by the Association, and if approached externally.
• Attend all professional development opportunities, meetings and functions organised by BVBA.
• Lead coordination of off court initiatives as directed by BVBA, including team fundraising activities.
• Actively work towards the Association’s goals for on court success.
• Adhere to the Basketball Victoria and Big V Codes of Conduct and related policies.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
• Coaching experience, including experience coaching senior athletes;
• Level 1 (Club Coach) Accreditation;
• Working with Children Check;
• Willing to work weekends and evenings as required; and
• Legally entitled to work in Australia.
• Level 2 (Association) or Level 3 (Performance) Accreditation;
• Head coach experience at Big V level equivalent or higher; and
• Relevant tertiary qualifications (e.g. sports coaching, sports management etc.)
• The Head Coach reports to the BVBA Executive Committee and appointed BVBA staff.
To send completed applications or for further information please contact:
BVBA Vice President
Applications must be received by COB on Monday 16th September, 2019.
All applications will remain private & confidential.