The Southern Basketball Association is seeking Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified candidates for the following vacant coaching positions for the 2020 Big V season.
The Southern Basketball Association (SBA) is seeking Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified candidates for the following vacant coaching positions for the 2020 Big V season:
- Victorian Youth Championship Men
- Victorian Youth Championship Women
Southern Basketball Association based in the bayside suburb of Cheltenham with more than 5,000 playing members. Four new basketball courts will be built by 2020 adding to the four at the Tulip Street site.
The Southern Basketball Association underpinning teams compete in the Big V Victorian Youth Championship (VYC) division.
Working closely with the SBA Head Coaches and SBA Management, the head coaches of our VYC Mens and Womens teams will be responsible for the development of players in preparation for senior basketball.
The successful candidates will be required to possess:
- A Working with Children’s Check;
- Experience coaching within the Big V system;
- Knowledge of the Southern Sabres pathway;
- A desire to build a program with an emphasis on incorporating Sabres players into the program.
- Exceptional basketball knowledge;
- The ability to develop and manage coaching staff;
- The ability to develop Sabres junior players into senior players in line with the Sabres philosophy of individual player development and Sabres style of play;
- Outstanding communication skills within a coaching and player development environment;
- Ability to create a professional culture that emphasises holistic development;
- Organised, adaptable and willing to work within the structure of the wider association;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Skilful and astute motivator.
Please email your application including a covering letter with detailed coaching resume and an outline of your coaching philosophy to:
Women’s EOI: email@example.com
Men’s EOI: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants who are successful in obtaining an interview may be asked to make a presentation to SBA Head Coaches and CEO.
Applications close Friday 13th of September, 2019.