The Pakenham and District Basketball Association are calling for interested persons for the following Pakenham Warriors Coaching Positions for the 2020 Big V Season.
The Pakenham and District Basketball Association Inc. (PDBA) are calling for interested persons for the following Pakenham Warriors Coaching Positions for the 2020 Big V Season.
Applications are for the following positions:
- D2 Senior Men – Head Coach
- D2 Senior Men – Assistant Coach
- D? Senior Women – Assistant Coach
- D2 Youth League Men – Head Coach
- D2 Youth League Men – Assistant Coach
- D2 Youth League Women – Head Coach
- D2 Youth League Women – Assistant Coach
As a Senior Coach within Pakenham Warriors you will be a figurehead of the organisation, therefore it is expected that you will act in accordance with the role in providing guidance and assistance to other members of the Warriors coaching group.
As well as coaching the team, the successful applicants will need to work closely with the coaching staff of Pakenham Warriors Under 16s, 18s & 20s teams, Big V Delegate and the Director of Coaching in order to create a pathway between our junior and senior programs.
Your role will not be limited to on court duties; you will be required to represent the Program at official functions, within the media and upon request at other times.
As a Big V Coach your duties include, but are not limited to the following;
- Organise tryouts, selections and an extensive pre-season for the upcoming season.
- Recruit suitably experienced players and team staff to the program.
- Lead, train and communicate with players in a disciplined, professional and informative manner.
- Provide 360 feedback, leadership and guidance to players on and off the court.
- Attend all training sessions, games and tournaments.
- Incorporate current Warriors junior representative players into the senior program.
- Arrange and schedule practice matches and pre-season training.
- Ensure all players have a clearly defined strength and conditioning program that will adequately prepare them for to compete in the Big V and prepare them for a future program.
- Develop and implement game tactics and strategies within the team in preparation for all games.
- Manage and dealing with player issues both individuals and the group.
- Liaise confidently and professionally with media and sponsors when requested by the Association and if approached externally.
- Represent the Association as per our Core Values and Trademarks on and off the court including post game functions, sponsor appearances and media accessibility.
- Must be able to work effectively with key stakeholders.
- Actively work towards the association’s goals for on court success.
- Communicate effectively with coaches, support staff & PDBA staff and management.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Previous position(s) as Coach or Assistant Coach at a senior representative level.
- Level 2 (Association Coach) Accreditation or equivalent.
- Demonstrated history in basketball.
- Passion for basketball.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Weekly attendance at training sessions and games.
- High level of coaching experience and knowledge of the game.
- Working with Children Check.
- Adherence to the Basketball Victoria and PDBA Coaches Code Conduct.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding at the desired level.
To send completed applications or for further information please contact:
Applications must be received by COB on Monday 7th September, 2019.
All applications will remain private & confidential.