After three successive Championships in 2016 (Division One Women) and 2018 and 2019 (State Championship Women), the Sunbury Basketball Association is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head Coach for its Championship Women’s team for 2020.
After three successive Championships in 2016 (Division One Women) and 2018 and 2019 (State Championship Women), the Sunbury Basketball Association (‘SBA’) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head Coach for its Championship Women’s team for 2020.
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading Sunbury Basketball’s Big V Championship Women’s Program for a one-year appointment.
The Coach will report directly to the SBA Director of Coaching and the Senior Jets Committee. The Coach will be required to work with the SBA’s administration staff and junior basketball program. The coach will exhibit a passion for women’s basketball, have strong interpersonal skills, and have an ability to develop athletes and coaches and have a proven background in people management. Remuneration will be awarded based on the successful applicants’ experience.
Applicants will display the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated experience and passion for developing athletes at an elite level.
- Proven ability to communicate, train and lead in a professional manner.
- A background in playing or coaching basketball at state league or national level.
- Have a high level of technical and tactical knowledge of basketball.
The SBA also requires that the successful applicant will:
- Hold a current Working with Children Check (WWCC).
- Hold a Level 2 NCAS Association Coach Accreditation.
- Work closely with SBA’s Youth Champ, U21, U18 and U16 junior programs.
- Establish, maintain and promote the SBA pathway with our VJBL athletes.
- Provide scout and video feedback to its players during the season.
- Provide individual training and development opportunities during the season.
- Provide reviews to players during the season.
- Not combine this role with VJBL coaching at another Association.
The successful applicant will understand the importance of the Senior Jets program to the entire SBA and, be prepared to provide assistance in the SBA where appropriate.
All applicants should forward a brief resume, detailing qualifications and experience, marked ‘Private and Confidential’ to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
The closing date for all applications will be on Thursday 19th September, with successful applicants being contacted for interviews shortly after this date.
Furthermore, you can contact Kennedy Kereama on (03) 9744 4762 for more enquiries.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 5pm, Thursday 19th September, 2019.
We will provide a community-based basketball environment, which is the association of choice that encourages all participants to achieve their best.